"The Earth supplies enough for everyone's need, but not for their greed." Mahatma Gandhi
Welcome to MCL
Compassionate living is about making connections between the way we live and the way others suffer, between unnecessary industrial development and the destruction of the planet. It involves a commitment to work non-violently for change, promoting lifestyles that are possible for all the world's people, sustainable within the resources of the planet, environmentally friendly and free of all exploitation of animals and of people.
The Movement for Compassionate Living exists to:
- Promote simple vegan living and self-reliance as a remedy against the exploitation of humans, animals and the Earth.
- Promote the use of trees and vegan-organic farming to meet the needs of society for food and natural resources.
- Promote a land-based society where as much of our food and resources as possible are produced locally.
Dietary veganism is an important first step, but if we are to work towards the liberation of both people and the animals of the Earth, refusing food and other products derived from animal exploitation alone is not enough.
We must extend our compassion to all life:
- To humans who suffer increasingly world-wide from starvation, disease, warfare and exploitation.
- To wildlife that suffers as a result of the destruction of natural habitats.
- To the whole environment on which the health of all life depends.
Only fully compassionate living will nurture the growth in human awareness and commitment on which the future of the world depends.
Please visit and glean information from the pages in this web site by using the menu to the left of each page. MCL's range of leaflets provide more details on various relevant subjects and printable versions can be found on our publications page.